Wednesday, November 28, 2012

been there, done that: a bucket list in reverse

  1. Travelled continuously for two days by boat to get to the island where my father's family lives
  2. Paddled in a canoe between islands in Faadhippolhu
  3. Luggage lost on the London Underground
  4. Rode elephants in SriLanka
  5. Ate crossaints in Paris
  6. Lived for a fortnight in a caravan in the Cotswolds
  7. Camped in the Trossachs
  8. Hiked in Oregon
  9. Road trip with girlfriends from the midlands of England to John O'Groats in Scotland
  10. Skied in the South Island of New Zealand
  11. Climbed Mt Taranaki (I didnt say, I reached the summit, did I?)
  12. Strolled the grounds of the beautiful Qutub Minar in India
  13. Watched the sun rise over the Himalayas in Nepal
  14. Shopped in Singapore
  15. Walked across the Harbour Bridge in Sydney
  16. Rode horses in Melbourne
  17. Got lost in a sea of pilgrims in Saudi Arabia
  18. Experienced winter in Pakistan
  19. Ate etouffee in New Orleans
  20. Devoured bagfuls of mangosteens in Malaysia
  21. Cycled along the Rhine in Bonn
  22. Found inexplicable peace in Arafat
~~~

In response to Aimee's Tuesday lists, this is what comes to mind currently.

18 comments:

Lynn Fisher said...

Awesome list....what a traveler you are! Envy : )

soulbrush said...

I absolutely love your list, How interesting!

storybeader said...

sounds like one fun adventure after another. And all over the world. That's fantastic! {:-Deb

Meri said...

Wow! I'm awed. (probably odd, too, but that's another subject)

Fallingladies said...

Wow, what a list, i am amazed! I haven't traveled much myself...

S. Etole said...

That looks vaguely familiar as I grew up in the Pacific Northwest.

Lynda said...

Wow! I am so envious of all your travels! Your list is awesome.

Barbara said...

That is one great bucket list! I can't wait to hear about your next adventures!

Claudia said...

a nice list...i too walked sydney harbor bridge a while ago..and just recently the golden gate bridge...bridges have something so magical...hmmm and eating croissants in paris...so good..

Tracie Skarbo said...

I wish I had been to as many places as you... wonderful!

Linda R said...

Now that sounds like a fun list.. I love the idea of remember all the things we have done and places we were. I have a board on pinterest that is just that. A Been there done that board..

Hugs~

Frances Traina said...

a lovely list! What adventures!!! Thanks for visiting my blog and your funny comment:) Made me LOL! FranT

T.L. Holmes Williams said...

What wonderful travel adventures! I always envy (in a positive way, if that's possible) those who're so well-traveled :) Thank you for sharing your list!

moonsweetie said...

This is an amazing list!!

Mary Akinyemi said...

Oh my gosh! You've travelled so much! I hope to do all the things you've done some day ;)

Textile Recycler said...

WOW! What a list! Can I be you for a while..puleeze...

Em said...

What richness and knowledge you have. I would love to travel around the world and meet the people there and learn what there is to learn from the place and those who live there.

Beautiful list.

Cheryl said...

Kamana, You are quite the world traveler! You make me feel I should do more of the same: I'll take: "croissants in Paris" any time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...