Thursday, March 24, 2011

Looking back

If there was one thing that I did not enjoy about New Orleans,
it was the streetcar
~or, as I was introduced to it: the love train~
That was something I could have done without.
But then,
like most things in life,
it was an experience to learn from
and to look back on with some amusement.

What I did love though,
really, really loved
was the food.
The oh-so-deeee-licious food.

Just sitting by the river

watching the boats sail past was relaxing.

I loved the fact that there was music being performed everywhere

with an atmosphere of celebration

and festivities all day long.

The traffic coming from the "wrong" side of the road took a little getting used to

but for the most part, I was walking

taking in the amazing architecture

the wrought iron balconies of the French Quarter


the grand mansions along St Charles

the multiculturalism of the city reflected in the plethora of architectural styles.

I loved the five mile hike strolling along the tree lined streets

and the quiet peacefulness of being surrounded by green and still waters.

8 comments:

Leenie said...

It's good to see how beautiful and fun and alive that city is! The media would have us believing the whole place is still a ruin after the BIG hurricane. I realize there is still plenty of destruction and sadness there, but even that disaster hasn't put her down.

Thanks.

S. Etole said...

Such a good documentation of all the diversity.

Colleen said...

These pictures are so beautiful! You know what, my brother spent last week in New Orleans as well and we had such a long talk about what an amazing city it is! I've never been but I am desperate to someday!:)

I hope you had a wonderful time!

RNSANE said...

You make me homesick for New Orleans. I did post quite a bit about the city - and some of the restaurants - when I was there. Next time, I will do more. I posted pictures of some of the beautiful houses in English Turn, the gated community where my friend lives...new mansions, many retaining the style of the Old South.

You are right, though, along with San Francisco and New York, New Orleans has the best eating in the United States.

sarah said...

These photos are wonderful! It seems like a city with real character.

Claudie said...

Fantastic pictures. and all best, each than the others.
a "possible" town... (i am not a town girl)

Tracy said...

Wonderful photos and thoughts about your trip, Kamana. I feel homesick suddenly... so long since I was home to see my family in America... but soon. Happy Days ((HUGS))

Relyn said...

I still dream of traveling to New Orleans. What an amazing place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...